Ok, I am weird. Words are so fascinating to me. What cracks me up is the way people misuse language - making up their own words, mispronouncing words, and being generally redundant or peculiar. Then, there's my quirk of having certain words cause me to shudder. Whatever it is, I just don't like the sound of some. So here are some interesting ones for your reading pleasure.

Monday, August 28, 2006

Strange Sayings, Redundancies, and Other Oddities

People do say peculiar things from time to time. Here are some things I have noticed.

"I have a small little problem..."
"Asking God to lead, guide and direct..." Isn't that the same thing?
"The reason is because..." Do we really need the because?
"That's a whole 'nother thing..." How about another?

Ending any sentence with the word "so" is now a common practice. I am going to the store and will be back in an hour... soooo.. What is that?!

Starting sentences with "anyways..."

It's not I could care less... it is I couldn't care less. This is one my friend, Dave Pacheco, always reminded me of.

I could of went to the beach instead of staying home. Instead of could have.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It is not 'could of,' it is 'could've' a contraction of could have.

11:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home